Sunday, January 19, 2014

Keep on keepin' on.

This week was a little bit of a bust for my little abode, and I let a lot of factors get in the way of making healthy choices. I also stopped caring for a minute there because I got sick and I got angry at a lot of things happening this week, and I slacked off in every possibly aspect of life.

Today is a new day, though, and I'm feeling better - and there's no excuse not to do what needs to be done for my health, and the overall wellbeing of my family.

It's kind of funny, last night, Mr. A and I were talking about how hard it was to get out of the mindset of "let's just grab food {because we're lazy, because we don't have any food in the house, because we're too tired, because we're too busy, etc.}", and how I kept thinking how I'd rather grab food last night rather than cook. But the menu item we had planned was awesome! And we always have made amazing pizza together. He even said last night, "Let's just go get food, it's late, you're tired, the baby is hungry..." And I told him no. And then we got home, and I thought he'd looked at our dough (we got this amazing smelling dough from Trader Joe's the other day) for instructions, but I guess he was just dealing with other kitchen stuff, so when we went to make it about half an hour later (it's 7 at this time - late enough as it was), we found that the dough had to be sat out for 20 whole minutes at room temp.

What. The. Eff?

I was so upset. I wanted pizza, and I was tired, and I wanted it to just be done, and I got angry at the hubs for not checking this (mainly because he'd been eyeballing it since the day before!), and it was almost our little nugget's bedtime... We can't make noise in the kitchen because it's right next to her room, you see, because she's so perceptive about it that if we even make NO noise, she'll usually hear us. It's kind of ridiculous. So, we opted for ordering out. I don't know why I didn't just say let's eat sandwiches and be done with it (I think our lunch meat is bad, but I didn't even bother having him check)... but I didn't, so I feel a little bad about that, but at least we know for tonight, and that's a plus.

But anyways, this week has been crazy. We had court on Thursday, and I was stressing about it - we ended up waiting 2.5 hours to be shuffled into a room with a bunch of other people who had been waiting just as long because they were running out and time and wanted to go home (as if we weren't all thinking that). So without any privacy, his "crimes" were read before three other people, he wasn't allowed to speak to explain how they had actually made a mistake in his case, and was told he was only being read his rights, wasn't eligible for a court-appointed lawyer because his crime didn't carry the possibility of jail time, and that if he understood, we were allowed to leave. It was a shit show, pardon my language.

It seems as if it's going to be something dragged out, and we're going to be searching for a lawyer. But it's fine, we'll get through it. 2014 is still going to be our year! Positivity is what we need right now, so I'm striving to achieve that.

I meet with the person heading the wellness program on Tuesday after my classes to get my measurements taken and discuss the program and my needs. I'm also going to be joining a friend working out this week to get acquainted with the school facilities and get my muscles used to working out again before the program starts. Both should provide oodles of excitement.

Now it's time to go make the nugget and myself some lunch and get her ready for her afternoon with her Nana. Perfect time for mama to do some homework and much needed housework.

Have a great Sunday, y'all.

No comments:

Post a Comment